On behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania, The Tanzania Investment Centre is pleased to invite you to the Tanzania Cashew nuts Forum in Mtwara, to be held on July 12 – 13, 2019, under the patronage of His Excellence the President of the United Republic of Tanzania, Dr. John Pombe Magufuli.
The Forum will take place at the Bank of Tanzania Conference Hall in Mtwara Branch, and aims to attract potential investors from outside Tanzania as well as domestic investors interested in establishing cashew nuts processing projects as well as industrial parks in Tanzania and more specifically in Lindi and Mtwara regions.
Tanzania is among the World’s largest producer of Raw Cashew Nuts (RCN), whereby during 2017/18, it realized a total production of RCN of 313,826 Metric Tons – but about 90% of cashew nuts exported in their raw form owing to the country’s low processing capacity.
The Program format includes: Presentations from Senior Government Officials, Expert and Practitioner talks that will also include, networking, One-to-one business and development partnership negotiations, exhibition sessions, Business field tours and optional excursions. Delegates will have the opportunity to learn from extraordinary nationally and internationally acknowledged speakers. The Forum will engage business investment institutions operating in the cashew nuts sub-sector – to showcase the following opportunities:
- Adding value to raw cashew products through processing:
- Nuts (kernels) into various products
- Cashew apples into juices and liquors
- Cashew shells squeezed into saleable liquids
- Investing into new cashew farming/plantations and provide extension services so as to increase productivity and total tonnage:
- Opening new, large scale cashews’ plantations in Tanzania
- Provide agronomic extension services to improve cashews productivity from the current 0.3 MT/year to the real potential of 1.0 MT/year
- Investing into the production and supply of cashews’ machinery/equipment/spare parts:
- Local manufacture of machinery or equipment to process nuts, cashew apples and cashew shells
- Manufacture of spare parts.
- Construction of industrial parks and development of cashew processing industrial zones.
- Investment in other related areas.
The Forum will be an opportunity for international private investors to (i) meet with the highest government authorities; (ii) identify and seize business opportunities; (iii) create partnerships with local economic operators.
We thank you for your interest and we look forward meeting you at the Forum in Mtwara. To confirm your participation, please register your name Through http://tic.go.tz/registerOnline.
FOR ANY FURTHER INQUIRIES PLEASE CALL TIC 0719 653 079 OR TPSF 0784 323068